I put a spin on the classic Anzac biscuit with this healthy raw recipe which featured on The Australian's Daily Mail.
I put a spin on the classic Anzac biscuit with this healthy raw recipe which featured on The Australian's Daily Mail for the Battle of the Biscuits Anzac special segment.
Â Raw Anzac Cookies
2 cups oats
1 cup quinoa flakes
1 cup coconut, desiccated
1 tsp vanilla powder
Â¾ cup golden syrup*
4 tbsp almond butter or other mild tasting nut butter (cashew or macadamia)
Â½ cup oats
- Process oats in the food processor to resemble fine flour consistency. This may take 1-2 minutes depending on the strength of your food processor.
- Add quinoa flakes and coconut and continue to process.
- Add vanilla, salt, golden syrup and almond butter and process until dough-like. The mixture should stick together.
- Roll mixture onto kitchen bench or cutting board, add extra oats and cut with round cookie cutter.
- Best eaten 30 minutes after removing from freezer.
* I use golden syrup in this recipe as it adds the necessary flavour to achieve the true anzac cookie taste. For the healthiest version of this recipe, substitute the golden syrup with rice malt or maple syrup.
Here's the feature:
Lest we forget.