In celebration of Easter, I've created some raw chocolate & tahini easter eggs and too-good-to-be-true healthy chocolate crackles. All vegan, gluten free and of course refined sugar free. Yep, believe it. Who says you have to miss out?
I love Easter time for so many reasons. I can go on and on about why, including the perfectÂ weather, the stone fruit, the family traditions, the cultural celebrations, etc. But we all know the real reason...
I can't look past theÂ chocolate fest that happens each and every year, as wellÂ as the tradition of baking cinnamon scented pastries. But that goes without saying.
In celebration of Easter, I've created some raw chocolate & tahini easter eggs and too-good-to-be-true healthy chocolate crackles. All vegan,Â gluten free and of course refined sugar free. Yep, believe it.Â Who says you have to miss out?
The texture of these quinoa-based crackles is divine with the shredded coconut offering a nice chewy texture. With a slight salty sweet flavour, I bet youâ€™ll love these as much as I do.
2 cups puffed quinoa
2 cups coconut, desiccated
1 cup Loving Earth coconut, shredded
Â½ cup Loving Earth cacao powder
1/8 tsp sea salt
Â½ cup rice malt syrup
1 cup Loving Earth coconut oil
1 cup Loving Earth cacao butter
2 tbsp almond butter
- Line muffin trays with cupcake liners / pattyâ€™s
- Combine quinoa, coconut, cacao and sea salt in a medium â€“ large sized bowl.
- Add rice malt, coconut oil, cacao butter and almond butter and mix well.
- Scoop 2 â€“ 3 tbsp of mixture into each cupcake liner and set in freezer for 30 â€“ 60 mins or until firm.
- Best consumed within 30 minutes of removing from the freezer.
Â 2-tone Easter Eggs
A fun take on the classic Easter egg, these 2-tone eggs are so creamy and smooth! The tahini gives a rich full-bodied flavour and compliments the chocolate so well. They are fairly rich so you wonâ€™t have to eat too many before you are satisfied. A smart way to snack and a winner for children and adults alike.
1 cup Loving Earth coconut oil, melted
1 cup Loving Earth cacao powder
Â¼ cup maple syrup
Â½ tsp vanilla powder
1 cup tahini
Â¼ cup Loving Earth coconut oil, melted
Â¼ cup rice malt syrup
- Combine dark chocolate ingredients in a bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Combine tahini ingredients in a bowl and whisk well.
- Pour chocolate evenly into Easter egg mould (approx. 24) and set in freezer until firm.
- Repeat with the creamy tahini mixture (approx. 24) and set in freezer until set. NB. The tahini eggs will set a little slower than the dark chocolate eggs.
- Once both the chocolate and tahini eggs are set, pop eggs out of moulds and stick the half eggs (one half tahini, one half dark chocolate) together to make a whole.
NB. The tahini mixture is creamy and slightly softer than the dark chocolate and should allow for an easy hold.
SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER!
Buy 3 or more candles and save $25
+ FREE SHIPPING for orders over $150
No code required xo
Thanks for contacting us! We'll get back to you shortly.
Thanks for signing up!