I love hosting competitions on my Instagram account. It's a great way to get to know my followers and to give back. The support and encouragement that I've received through the instagram community is mind blowing to say the least, and I jump at the opportunity to show my gratitude whenever possible.
I love hosting competitions on my Instagram account. It's a great way to get to know my followers and to give back. The support and encouragement that I've received through the instagram community is mind blowingÂ to say the least, and I like to show my gratitude whenever possible.
I've hosted two Make This Treat competition's in the past where fellow treat lovers follow one of myÂ recipes to create a super easy raw treat. Make This Treat is byÂ far my favourite competition to host. I've just launched a third round which feature these delicious Chocolate and Vanilla Strawberry Cheesecakes. TheyÂ are cute, creamy and totally impossible to stop at one. Just saying...
There will be a few winners 'cause I'm hopeless at choosing just one. Seriously, the entries are so impressive! Out of the winners, I will choose one favourite, and this lucky person will receive a gorgeous gift pack consisting of fun nail lacquers and cruelty free soaps from trendy vegan friendly company, Kester Black.
So not only do you get to make yummy treats and eat them, Â you also get a chance to be crowned Master Treat Maker (ha!) and winÂ a gorgeous beauty pack. What are you waiting for?!
Comp details on my Instagram - @talinegabriel.
1 cup pecans
2 tbsp cacao powder
1-2 tbsp rice malt / maple syrup
2 cups cashews (soaked 30 mins)
1/2 cup coconut oil (liquid)
1/2 cup rice malt / maple syrup
1/2 cup water
*2 tsp vanilla powder (extract is fine)
*1/2 cup cacao powder
5 - 6 strawberries, sliced
- Process pecans in the food processor until nuts are broken down into small pieces.
- Add dates, cacao and sweetener and blend. Mixture should stick together.
- Press crust into the base of your moulds or cake tin. Refridgerate.
- Blend cashews, coconut oil, rice malt & water until creamy and smooth.
- Halve the mixture.
- *For classic vanilla, add vanilla to half the filling and fold through.
- *For chocolate flavour, add cacao powder to the remaining filling and fold through.
- Pour filling over crust and freeze until set.
- Once set, remove from moulds and decorate with sliced strawberries.
Best eaten 30 mins after removing from freezer.